The recent Streaming Rep Lab at PDXPUG was such an excellent learning experience. I really want to continue having these sessions.
Our definition of a “workshop” is pretty loose. There’s a basic list of topics we want to cover, but no real agenda or leader; it is truly a group effort.
Here are some ideas I’m toying with for future workshops.
– Choosing a High Availability plan
– Different ways to take backups
– Troubleshooting slow queries
– Monitoring (this could easily be a series on its own)
– Disaster Recovery
– Oh no, somebody deleted pg_xlog
– Transaction wraparound
– Postgres on zfs
– Postgres packet captures
– Tour of contrib modules
– Foreign Data Wrappers
– Benchmarking changes to GUCs, e.g. maintenance_work_mem.
Update: I started a wiki page, so other group members can add their ideas.